We are now facing the confusing, isolating, and incredibly challenging times that the COVID-19 pandemic has wrought upon our global generation. Many couples have been forced to cancel their weddings that's why we wanted to create a movie top for inspiration or simply time passing. Here are our top 10 wedding movies we think you should definitely watch:
1. Love Wedding Repeat It is a 2020 romantic comedy written and directed by Dean Craig, in his feature directorial debut. A remake of the 2012 French romantic comedy film Plan de Table, the film stars Sam Claflin, Olivia Munn, and Eleanor Tomlinson. You can watch this movie on Netflix.
2. Wedding Crashers is a 2005 American comedy film directed by David Dobkin. Starring actors such as Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Christopher Walken, and many others. The film follows two divorce mediators who crash weddings in an attempt to meet and seduce the bridesmaids.
3. Wedding at Graceland It's a 2019 romantic movie directed by Eric Close. Laurel & Clay decide to get married at Graceland in June but within an album due, wedding preparations galore, and arriving family, it's not going to be easy.
4. After the Wedding If you are in the mood for a good drama movie then this will be for you. Seeking funds for her orphanage in India, Isabelle travels to New York to meet Theresa, a wealthy benefactor. An invitation to attend a wedding ignites a series of events in which the past collides with the present as mysteries unravel. A 2019 drama film directed by Bart Freundlich. It is a remake of the 2006 film of the same name by Susanne Bier.
5. My Best Friend's Wedding Let's just say classic. It's a 1997 American romantic comedy film directed by P.J. Hogan. The film stars Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney, Cameron Diaz, and Rupert Everett. In the movie, Julianne is shocked when she learns that her best friend Michael is soon getting married. Overcome with a surge of mixed emotions, she makes up her mind to sabotage his wedding and make him her own.
6. Bridesmaids Hosting a movie night with your future bridesmaids? This will be a perfect movie for a fun night. It's a 2011 comedy film directed by Paul Feig. Annie, a jobless chef, is asked by her best friend, Lillian, to be her maid of honor. Issues evolve when she ruins the wedding rituals in a rage of conflict with one of the bridesmaids.
7. Mamma Mia Here we go again.. Na, Na... This movie will be a true inspiration and will make you dream about a sunny destination wedding in Europe. A 2018 musical comedy directed by Phyllida Lloyd. As Sophie and her family are busy preparing for her wedding, she secretly invites three men, who were her mother's lovers in the past, with the hope that one of them is her father. Definitely a movie you can watch over and over again.
8. The Proposal When New York editor Margaret faces deportation to Canada, she convinces her assistant Andrew to marry her in return for a promotion. A trip to his hometown, however, brings many surprises her way. The proposal is a 2009 romantic comedy film directed by Anne Fletcher. If you are a Sandra Bullock fan, you will absolutely love this movie.
9. The Wedding Planner is a 2001 romantic comedy film directed by Adam Shankman. While celebrating her newest and most lucrative account -- the wedding of Internet tycoon Fran Donelly (Bridgette Wilson-Sampras) -- Mary (Jennifer Lopez) is rescued from a near-fatal collision with a runaway dumpster by handsome pediatrician Steve Edison (Matthew McConaughey). After spending the most enchanting evening of their lives together, Mary thinks she's finally found a reason to believe in love. What she doesn't know is that cupid and her career are about to collide head-on.
10. My Big Fat Greek Wedding Last but not least this movie is a 2002 romantic comedy film directed by Joel Zwick. Toula, a Greek woman trying to come to terms with her heritage, falls in love with a non-Greek man and has to convince her family to accept him.
Leave a comment